Friday, July 24, 2009

Joe’s Battle

I posted this on TDL already and on TCoMH but here we go!

BannerRequestforDestinyLies2

Joe and I lie on the couch in his living room watching TV. I rested my head on Joe’s chest and listened to his heartbeat. Joe smiled at me, he ran his fingers through my hair. “Are you comfortable?” He asked teasingly.
“Mm-hmm.” I nodded. “I know you are.” I teased him back.
Joe laughed. “Watch the movie.” He said.
I turned my eyes toward the television screen. My eyes began to close as I started to drift off to sleep. Only a few minutes past before I fell asleep.
Joe managed to carry me upstairs to my bedroom and lay me on my bed without waking me up. The young man kissed my cheek before leaving the room.
~Joe~
The battle going on inside of me as I closed the door to my girlfriends bedroom was strong. Stronger than ever before. I had never before wanted to sleep with Kandie as much as I did now. I released the hold I still had on the doorknob, and practically ran out of the house. I did not stop running until I reached a familiar oak tree. I leaned my back against the base of the tree and slid my body to the ground.
I pressed my hand to my chest where I could still feel the pressure of Kandie’s head where she had rested it. I didn’t understand how I still loved the same girl after four years. But even more than that I didn’t understand how-why- she still loved me. “God, I know you’re here, you are with me. Please, help me to be strong, stay pure, and to understand.” I prayed aloud to my Father in Heaven. “I love Kandie, you know that. You also know how I don’t want to (defile) her before it’s right. I don’t want to disappoint her, or my parents but most importantly, I don’t want to disappoint you, Lord.” I leaned my head back against the old oak tree and looked up at the starry sky. “God, I don’t know what to do. Having Kandie live with me and my family never felt wrong. We weren’t, we aren’t, doing anything. Now though…” I stopped and stared up at the sky, a cool breeze blew over me. “She need to move back in with her parents.” As I said it I knew it was what God wanted. No, I didn’t like the idea, I wouldn’t be as close in case of an emergency, I wouldn’t see her every morning until I got to school, or her house to pick her up but I could - I would- get over it. “Help me to overcome my emotions, Lord.” I prayed. It was late when I finally stood and walked slowly back to the house.

~Kandie~
I blinked open my eyes as I heard the door to my bedroom open, the door that led outside. I turned over and looked towards the door, seeing Joe I sighed. “What are you doing?” I whispered, I glanced towards the clock on my nightstand. “At two in the morning?” I noticed he still wore his jeans and t-shirt.
“I went for a run.” Joe replied. “I was just checking on you.”
“Oh.” I sat up and looked at the young man, who now sat on the edge of my bed.
“I didn’t meant to wake you.” Joe apologized. “I’m sorry.”
“It’s OK.” I smiled at him. “Are you ok?” I touched my fingers to his cheek. I saw the far away look in his brown eyes.
“Yea, I’m fine.” Joe returned my smile. “Go back to sleep.” He stood.
“I love you.” I told him.
“I love you too.” He leaned down and kissed me on the lips. “Goodnight.”
“Goodnight.” I whispered. I lay back down as he exited the room.

??????What do you think?????

2 comments:

  1. Gives a new take on Joe. Shows he's vulnerable. It also shows he's got a deeper connection with God (I'm guessing he's Christian), actually asking Him to help ease the passion inside. Joe's already been as noble as noble can get, but can he continue?

    You've introduced this touchy topic so well, in such a light manner that isn't explicitly descriptive. Again, very good! The quality of the writing is also quite good. I detected no spelling mistakes or grammar errors. Good sign! ;) Love the work you've done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he's a Christian. As am I. Again I'm glad you like it and thank you for the comments. :D

    ReplyDelete