Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dancing in the Rain

This is an excerpt I came up with and have not written it on paper yet. Hope you enjoy!

 

The sound of thunder and rain pounding on the windows hit my ears. I looked up at Joe, he knew what I wanted. He nodded his approval and followed me towards the front door of the house.  I looked up at my boyfriend again once we stood at the edge of the porch, barely underneath the cover of the porches roof. I smiled at the young man and he returned it with his own. We then raced out into the pouring rain.

Joe held tight to my hand and ran with me towards the grass. Once we stopped he pulled me close leaned his head down and whispered in my ear. “Dance with me, Kath.” He then twirled me beneath his arm.

“Do you still love me?” I asked as I twirled.

“Of course.” Joe replied, we danced a few steps before he twirled me again. “Why would you ask that question?” He said.

“I don’t know. I just like to make sure.” I replied.

Joe slipped one arm around my waist, lifted me off the ground, and spun in a circle. “I never have stopped loving you, and I never will.” He said.

“I know.” I told him as he lowered me back down. “I love you just the same.”

Joe smiled at me  causing my heart to skip a beat. “I think I would die if you did stop.” We danced in a small circle.

“Then I won’t stop.” I shook my head my wet hair sticking to my skin.

We danced and twirled for a few minutes, the lightning and thunder being our back ground music.  Joe held on tight to me as I twirled into him. I looked up at him and my breath caught. The love that shone in his dark brown eyes melted me. We stopped dancing. He reached up with one hand and pushed back my soaked hair that was in my face.  “Don’t ever forget , or even think about doubting, that I love you.” He ordered. He reached his other hand up to my face, cupping it around my neck, he lowered his head and I felt his lips press against mine.

I accepted the feel of his mouth against mine, as I kissed him back. “I won’t.” I promised him when he pulled away……….

 

 

Here is a graphic made by my good friend “Harrison Odell”

BannerRequestforDestinyLies

 

How do you like it?????

No comments:

Post a Comment