Friday, September 4, 2009

Poem

 

I was thinking of you today.

And all that you’ve been through

In the past few weeks.

The day I learned of the accident,

Almost four weeks ago,

I couldn’t help but let the tears fall

And pray to God that you lived.

God answered my prayer,

After three days of worrying,

And constantly asking for updates.

I was afraid to tell you

How you make me smile,

Even when you barely say anything.

I didn’t want to say

Anything about the feelings

I have towards you.

But I did.

At first it was difficult

Because I was trying to stop

The feelings that I had,

But then I couldn’t so I just let it go,

And now they’ve grown.

I can’t help that

And I know that they are probably

There for nothing

Yet they’re there,

And are still growing.

Right now I’m thinking of you,

And how every heartbeat

That beats beneath the scar,

Is a heartbeat that is

Not suppose to have beaten.

I am glad that it beats,

Because if it didn’t,

I wouldn’t have you

To make sure I think the good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment